The Spring 2018 Loyola/JEA Louisiana State Conference will be held on Thursday, February 1, 2018. This will be a one-day conference filled with sessions on broadcast, online, yearbook, newspaper and social media for high school journalism students.
The conference will also host the first Louisiana JEA Journalist of the Year (JOY) and Tom Bell Silver Scribe Contests. The Louisiana JEA JOY will represent Louisiana at the JEA National Conference in San Francisco in April of 2018.
The Louisiana Journalist of the Year will also be offered a full-tuition scholarship to the Loyola School of Mass Communication. The guidelines for eligibility will follow the JEA National JOY criteria.
Thanks to all the advisers, students and presenters that participated in the first ever Loyola/JEA Louisiana State Conference. We had nearly 150 participants. It was a good day with plenty of informative presentations given by members of the New Orleans Press Club, industry professionals and Loyola School of Mass Communication Faculty.
Here is a list of participating schools and we hope to have even more for the Spring 2018 Conference.
- Academy of Our Lady – Marrero
- Archbishop Chapelle High School – Metairie
- Ellender High School – Houma
- Jesuit High School – New Orleans
- Mount Carmel Academy – New Orleans
- St. Martin’s Episcopal School – Metairie
- St. Paul’s School – Covington
- St. Scholastica Academy – Covington
- Riverdale High School – Jefferson